Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Patriotic Blueberry Compote

Day 4 of the challenge: 
Patriotic
Happy Birthday America!  

Instagram awesomeness by Micah B. Rubin



Healthy Tip: The happier we are, the healthier we are.  Celebrations make us happy.  It's a birthday so celebrate!  I mixed up a little blueberry compote to top off my pancakes this morning...thus making me happy. :)

Blueberry Compote
  • 1/2 water
  • 1/4 cup sugar (I substituted maple syrup)
  • Grated lemon zest 
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • juice of 1 lemon
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, sugar and lemon zest to a boil
- Stir in blueberries and simmer for 3-5 min
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice


Fashionista Wannabe:  "You look like the 4th of July!  Makes me want a hot dog reeeeaaaaaly bad." (please tell me you know this?!)  This dress reminds me of fireworks.  :)  


In red, white and blue health,


Joanie



Joanie Johnson, CHC
Motivated Nutrition
814-442-5311

Pin It!

DeanStreetSociety

No comments:

Post a Comment