Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Short(s) Story: Getting a bum you love

#StyleMeJuly challenge Day 7

A Short(s) Story

Instagram awesomeness by Micah B. Rubin


Healthy Tip: Shorty shorts mean more skin.  More skin means hit the gym.  Hit the gym means hire me.  I'll get your hiney in shape, you'll see. (Yes.  Thank you.  I do have mad rapping skills.)  My clients at the gym have been begging me to incorporate more bum busting exercises into their workout to tone up for summer.  Here are two of my favorite exercises to help you fall in love with your bum again. 

Dancer Plies:
  • Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart, toes turning out, hands on your hips.
  • Lower into a squat without letting your knees move past your toes.
  • Keep your back straight, abs pulled in, and your butt and legs squeezing in tight. 
  • Repeat slow plies for one minute.
Plank with Leg Lifts:
  • Begin in a plank position making sure your shoulders are tracking over your wrists and your body is in a straight line from head to heels. 
  • Contract your abs and squeeze your butt.  Lift your right leg off the ground about 6 inches and pulse your leg up towards the sky 15x.  
  •  Drop your knees, push back into child's pose to rest for 10 seconds.  
  • Repeat on the left side. 
Fashionista Wannabe:  I caved and purchased my first pair of denim shorts for the first time in 10 yrs!  I still wasn't 100% confidant that I would love them so I headed over to NYC's new Joe Fresh and found these for $9!  I've owned them a week and have worn them at least 3 times.  They've turned out to be a great investment for this scorching summer. 


In love at first sight health,


Joanie



Joanie Johnson, CHC
Motivated Nutrition
814-442-5311
Pin It!


DeanStreetSociety

No comments:

Post a Comment